To add a Discounted Price to a product, follow these steps:
- Log into the Admin Portal (app.buddi.io)
- Click on 'My Menu' (under 'Menu Management')
- Checkmark 'Only added to Menu'
- Type in the product name under the Search field
- Hit the purple [Edit] button (on the far right of the product entry row)
- Enter the new cost under Discounted Price > hit the purple [Submit] button
- The product will now show the original price
strikedthroughand the discounted price in red in your Buddi menu.
Note: when you add a discount to menu items in Buddi, it will not make a discount in your POS upon integration. It works the other way around; you should enter discounted prices into your POS first. Buddi will update the prices accordingly.
Adding a Special Message and discounted price in Buddi just adds an extra layer of info for the user. It may be worth putting in the extra work to highlight markdowns (with the strikedthrough and red price effect). Adding a Special Message (in the field below Discounted Price) will make the menu item stand out even more.