Configuration of Delivery in COVA
The first step is to reach out to COVA directly at 1-844-667-2682 (ext.1) to initiate the setup. They will walk through the steps on how to set up a Non-Stock SKU in COVA and ensure that your delivery function is turned on.
The delivery fee needs to be associated with a Non-Stock SKU in COVA to ensure POS communication with Buddi.
The price for this SKU should be set to the highest amount associated with your delivery fee.
Note: this is similar to the process of Setting up Delivery for COVA Users. If you are using both features, create a separate Master Product for each SKU: one for Delivery and one for Tips.
Here is some documentation to help you prepare for your call with COVA:
Configuration of Delivery in Buddi
- Sign in to the Admin Portal > go to Store Settings > Online Menu: Delivery
- ✅ Checkmark 'Enable Delivery'
- Select 'Standard Delivery' if you are arranging delivery services independently, or one of our integrated delivery partners: Onfleet, Cannalogic, or Pineapple Express.
- Enter a 'Custom Delivery Message': this message will appear after the customer selects Delivery. It usually communicates the fulfillment time of the delivery, or perhaps when the order will arrive or be shipped out. You can also include contact info here.
- Delivery Boundary: enter 'Cities' that you will deliver to or choose 'Area based on map' if you want to use the Delivery Area / Radius method.
- Enable Delivery Fee: this is where you would enter the cost for delivery
Waive Delivery Fee: you can set it so that delivery is free if their total sale reaches a certain amount. For example, $100 means that delivery is free if the customer purchases over $100 in products
Minimum Order Amount: this is a minimum amount that a customer needs to purchase to be able to choose delivery as their fulfillment method
After this has been completed, email email@example.com so that we can verify your delivery configuration settings and help you enter the Cova Product ID into Buddi.
Video: How to retrieve the Cova Product ID from your COVA Catalog (optional)
Article: Setting up Delivery in Buddi for COVA Users
Article: Troubleshooting Delivery Orders for COVA users