Incoming orders in the Buddi Queue trigger a sound notification by default. Sound cannot be turned off in Buddi, but you can choose to mute the sound in your web browser settings.
Pending or unread orders play a sound every 5 minutes.
To turn this feature ON/OFF, go to the Admin Portal > Order Queue > 'Notification Settings' (bell icon)
Sound not working?
- Ensure audio settings are configured properly with the volume turned up
- Close the web browser/app completely. Re-open it
- Try using a different web browser
- Check for software updates in the POS/hardware device AND web browser
- Restart the device to refresh system processes
- Check if the device can produce sound with other applications or functions
A message is sent to the customer (via SMS text/email) when the Order Status gets updated in the queue listing.
These order statuses trigger customer notifications:
1) Order Confirmation
2) Order Ready for Pickup
3) Out for Delivery
4) Order Cancelled
6) Direct Mail Message
For full details, including how to customize, see this article: Online Menu: Messages