Accessory products behave differently from cannabis products; product content will not auto-populate your menu. Retailers provide this info themselves, and we recommend inputting these details into your POS first.
This includes the following:
- Product name
- UPC code (aka 'Barcode' in Greenline)
- Product description
Each variant, if applicable, requires its own UPC code (ex. if it comes in different sizes, colors, quantity/pack, etc).
- You may need to make up UPC codes for your products if they don't already exist.
- The UPC code is not the same thing as the product SKU. In fact, when making up a UPC code, ensure that it is different from your SKU. Do not include any special characters / symbols; you may use letters, numbers, or a combination of both.
Cova & Greenline POS users: After you have finished inputting the corresponding details for your accessory products, reply within your Buddi Onboarding ticket or email firstname.lastname@example.org so that we can do a mass-import of your accessories with a one-button push.
- After this has been enabled in our back-end, any updates made to your accessory product listings in your POS will automatically sync into Buddi. This includes the addition of new items.
- Changes made to product listings will take time to sync into Buddi. You can use the Force Sync feature in the Buddi Admin Portal > My Menu to speed up the process, and/or get us to force an instant manual pull by emailing email@example.com
TechPOS, BarnetPOS, Profitek, & *all other* POS users: After you have finished entering the products with its corresponding details, please export your accessories into an excel file from your POS catalog and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org / your Buddi Onboarding ticket for review.
Be sure to include these columns:
Image URL (Photo)
With regards to the Category of your accessories, here are our recommendations to achieve a clean product catalog:
Accessory Vape: Dry Herb
Accessory Vape: Concentrate (these are your 510 thread vape batteries)
Accessory Vape: Part
From there, we can import the cleaned-up file into the Accessory Products section of your Buddi account. To achieve a more organized product content system, you can (1) download the template .CSV file from the Admin Portal > Accessory Products > Bulk CSV import > Download the Sample File; or (2) choose to add your accessory items into Buddi manually (Admin Portal > Accessory Products). The 2nd option achieves cleaner results.